Camping indeed is a wonderful experience. The natural vibes and awesome views make the heart sing. To make the stay more amazing and comfortable, a few things that always help are a tent, good food, heat, and some sleeping arrangement. Heating a tent is always a good idea. Keeping proper safety precautions in mind, it is possible to heat a tent with a candle.
Candles can generate a good amount of heat. The amount of heat generated by a candle depends on its dimensions and type. A camping tent is relatively small in size when compared to the dimension of a room. Also, the fact that the temperature inside the tent is supposed to be increased by only a few degrees contributes to the idea of choosing a candle as a source of heat for the tent. It is a good way to keep the tent warm. It is not safe to use a heating source inside a closed tent. If you’re looking for a decent and simple way to heat up your tent with a candle, the uco candle lantern heater is the way to go!
Precautions for using the candle in tents
Here are a few precautions that must be followed while heating a tent with a candle.
- Make sure any kind of flammable objects are not near the candle.
- The tent is made out of material that does not catch fire easily.
- The candle holder must be solid and should be placed on a steady base.
- All the candles should be put out when not considered necessary.
- Before sleeping, make sure the candle is put out.
Hacks to use candles in tent
Here are a few hacks that can lead to a safe experience using candles as a heat source.
- Use a candle lantern. They have housing made up of material that does not catch fire easily like glass or ceramic.
- Find out the safest place inside the tent to put a candle and use a small table as base.
- Break the contact of the tent from the ground by using a rug or plastic, so that there is a decrease in the amount of cold coming inside the tent.
- Keep the candle on a small metal tray so that even if it falls, the surroundings do not catch fire.
Along with keeping the tent warm and cosy, a candle can do a lot more. Playing card games, reading favourite books and photography too is possible using a candle. Winter campings are fun but too cold at the same time. Candles can provide the right amount of warmth needed.