Moving day has never been easy. Only a few can say that they enjoyed the rush of packing, transporting, and unpacking. Some think that hiring a team of professional removalist taren point is the right thing to do. And it sure is because these professionals have the knowledge and experience in this aspect. And if you hired one, then here’s how to pack everything before your removalists arrive.
Things to Do: Before Moving Day
Your plans should start weeks and up to a month before the move. Nobody wants to end up leaving things to the last minute. If you think you are that type of person, you should start organizing everything ahead of time.
- Hire Movers. It is best to look for the best removalists ahead of time. Doing so will give you enough chances to read reviews, compare offers, and even talk to the movers and provide the necessary briefing.
- Schedule a Day-Off. You should schedule a day-off on moving day to ensure that your boss is aware and you do not have to end up with an unnotified absence just because you did not plan it properly.
- A Folder of Documents. You should also have a folder of your essential documents to keep everything you need, including receipts. Doing so will make all this paperwork ready at your disposal.
- Update Utility Address. You should update your new address with your power supplier, cable, internet, water, and even your credit card company. Do this weeks before moving day to ensure that you have all these services relocated or connected once you move in. It will also avoid having your bills going to the wrong address.
- Develop a Packing Plan. Weeks before moving day, you should have a packing plan ready. Have it printed out or written down if you must to ensure that you are not leaving anything behind. You can prepare an inventory of everything that you are moving to the new address. Make sure to take note of any dents and scratches. Never forget to label each box, noting which room it will go to the new house. It should also have a description of the contents inside to avoid the hassle.
Things to Do: On Moving Day
Now that moving day is here and you are sure that you have done everything listed above, then there is nothing else for you to do, right? There are still some essential things that you need to take care of. Make sure that you do last-minute cleaning, like vacuuming the floors, cleaning the toilet, taking out any trash, and so on. Turn off all electrical units and lock all the doors and windows. It would also be nice to leave a friendly note for the new resident.
Moving takes days, even weeks of planning to ensure that everything is well-packed in labeled boxes, wrapped all the fragile items with extra protection, and you have a list of everything that you need to do. Even so, it can still be chaotic. So if you are moving soon, make sure that you hire the best removalists in town.